The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at the Central Brevard Library in Cocoa on
October 19, 1998. The meeting commenced at 6:00 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb
(Chair), David Hobbs (Vice Chair), Luke Setzer (Secretary and Web Site Chair), Ross
Nordeen (Membership Chair), and Richard Hall (Editorial Chair). Absent was John Cornett
(Treasurer) due to a business trip.
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee McLamb reported that the Libertarian Party of Florida (LPF) is
providing all its affiliates with free pro-Revision 11 signs, bumper stickers,
flyers, and buttons. Lee will retrieve these from a local representative for distribution
at the next general LPB meeting. Lee also reported that an LPB financial statement is due
to the local county government authority by October 31. The LPB faces a $500 fine if that
statement is not filed on time, so Lee will follow up on this matter with the LPB
- Vice-Chair: David Hobbs is working on acquiring LPB tee-shirts for
income-generating sales at LPB events.
- Treasurer: No report (absent).
- Secretary: No report.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: No report.
- Public Relations: No report (absent).
- Web Site: No report.
- Editorial: Richard Hall reported that he may attempt to distribute copies of
oneof his pro-Revision 11 Letters to the Editor via Florida Today delivery boxes.
- Special Activities: David Hobbs continues preparations for an Operation
Politically Homeless (OPH) booth at the Melbourne Cannabis Freedom Festival (CFF) November
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Determine Projects for October Meeting: The October meeting will be held at Choo
Choo's B-B-Q and Lounge October 24 at 6:00 PM. The primary focus of the October
meeting will be to promote Revision 11 and distribute the literature necessary to make
that happen. Lee will explain (1) what Revision 11 is, (2) rules for posting yard signs,
(3) rules for distributing flyers, and (4) how to "Get Out The Vote" (GOTV) by
calling local Libertarians via a phone tree. A secondary focus will be to solicit
donations to purchase an LPB advertisement on the local Little League sign. The cost is
$150 for one season. A tertiary focus will be the recruitment of volunteers to work the
CFF OPH booth. Lee and David will explain how to work an OPH booth to those who have never
- Projects and Activities
- OPH Booth: Luke Setzer reported that he has given up on his search for a
location to conduct an OPH booth in October. He will write a sign-up sheet for the CFF OPH
booth to record volunteers at the next general meeting.
- Revision 11: Luke Setzer will bring copies of the sign-posting rules to the LPB
- Adopt-A-Road: Luke Setzer called the local Adopt-A-Road representative, who
stated that he will investigate the delay in getting our signs posted.
- New Projects: No report.
- Annual Budget: No report.
- LPB Sign Painting: No report.
Meeting adjourned at 7:20 PM.