The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at the Central Brevard Library in Cocoa on
January 4, 1999. The meeting commenced at 6:00 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb
(Chair), Luke Setzer (Secretary), Ross Nordeen (Membership Chair), Richard Hall (Media
Chair), and David Hobbs (Vice Chair). Absent was John Cornett (Treasurer).
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee encouraged all ExComm members to attend the Success '99
training seminar in Orlando January 16-17.
- Vice-Chair: No report.
- Treasurer: No report (absent).
- Secretary: No report.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: Lee McLamb suggested that we initiate a survey of local registered
Libertarians to measure their interest in joining the LPB and becoming active. The
local Elections Office has already provided us with a database of registered Libertarians,
so it is simply a matter of contacting those folks in an organized fashion.
- Electoral Victory: Until this committee gets populated, various ExComm members
will take responsibility for its tasks. Ross Nordeen has agreed to research the
filing fees required for various local offices in preparation for running a Libertarian
candidate. Meanwhile, Lee McLamb stated that he would request that our Treasurer
determine what legal requirements must be met for the financing of local campaigns.
Of particular interest is whether a separate campaign account is required for
storing money donated to the LPB specifically earmarked for that campaign.
- Media: Richard Hall voiced vigorously that all expenditures of money and effort
need to be evaluated carefully for their returns on investment. The ExComm agreed.
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Plans for January Meeting: The next social will be held at the home of Ross
Nordeen on January 30 at 6:00 PM. The theme will be Mexican food.
- Plans for February Meeting: The ExComm agreed to hold the first of four
quarterly platform meetings at Choo Choo's B-B-Q and Lounge in Cocoa on Thursday, February
25. Dinner will begin at 6:00 PM, followed by a 90 minute presentation at 7:00
PM. There will be three distinct platform planks presented, each by a different
- Projects and Activities
- OPH Booth: No report.
- Adopt-A-Road: No report.
- New Projects: No report.
- Annual Budget: No report.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.