The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at Central Brevard Library in Cocoa on
February 3, 1999. The meeting commenced at 6:30 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb
(Chair), Ross Nordeen (Membership Chair), Richard Hall (Media Chair), and David Hobbs
(Vice Chair). Absent were John Cornett (Treasurer) and Luke Setzer (Secretary).
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee McLamb reminded us of the upcoming "Platform Presentation"
- Vice-Chair: David Hobbs said it was important to start finding Libertarians to
fill open slots in local government.
- Treasurer: No report (absent).
- Secretary: No report (absent).
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: No report.
- Electoral Victory: Ross Nordeen is still working on a races list for 2000.
- Media: Richard Hall shared more information about obtaining a bulk mail permit
for the LPB, as well as what would be necessary to "piggyback" onto the
Libertarian Party of Florida (LPF) permit. He reported that the cost per piece will
be $0.142, with a minimum of 200 pieces per mailout.
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Review of January Meeting: Ross Nordeen reminded everyone that it was important
that we make sure membership is promoted at each meeting, and that we have membership
- Plans for February Meeting: Everyone needs to be reminded of the upcoming
"Platform Presentation" February 25. All should try to get a good showing
by inviting guests.
- Plans for March Meeting: A volunteer is needed to host the March social.
- Projects and Activities
- OPH Booth: No report.
- Adopt-A-Road: No report.
- New Projects: No report.
- Annual Budget: No report.
- Action Items:
- David Hobbs: Provide a copy of the upcoming volunteer and appointed board
vacancies to the ExComm.
- Lee McLamb:
- Make general meeting checklist
- Talk to Ann Cornett about Hawkins campaign
- Follow up with auditor about reducing costs
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.