The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at Choo Choo's B-B-Q and Lounge in Cocoa on
March 17, 1999. The meeting commenced at 6:00 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb
(Chair), Luke Setzer (Secretary), Ross Nordeen (Membership Chair), Richard Hall (Media
Chair), David Hobbs (Vice Chair) and John Cornett (Treasurer).
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee McLamb will write a phone script for the next calling. He
reported that the best times to call people as a follow-up to the major mailout are:
- Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM, 7PM-8PM
- Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Vice-Chair: David Hobbs continues to compile a list of upcoming elections.
He has also ordered brochures and bumper stickers for the LPB. He will also
get a list of call tree volunteers to Ross Nordeen. Finally, he will talk to Ned
Marcoux about being a phone tree volunteer and about paying in advance for LPB newsletter
advertisements for his carpet cleaning business.
- Treasurer: John will send in a letter to the Supervisor of Elections stating
that the audit has been completed. He further stated that the tax-exempt forms
needed for the bulk mail permit are not ready.
- Secretary: No report.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: John Cornett announced that Mailboxes, Etc. has been holding our
mail pending our payment of overdue rent. Once he gets the mail in hand, he will
pass to Ross Nordeen the rejections from the major mailout for updating the database.
- Electoral Victory: David Hobbs continues his search for upcoming elections in
- Media: No report.
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Plans for March Meeting: The location for the March 27 social will be at Lee
- Projects and Activities
- OPH Booth: No report.
- New Projects: No report.
- Annual Budget: No report.
- Action Items:
- Lee McLamb
- Write call script outline.
- Talk to tax expert about forms needed to claim nonprofit status.
- David Hobbs
- Order brochures and bumper stickers.
- Get list of callers to Ross Nordeen.
- Call Ned Marcoux about calling and advertising.
- John Cornett
- Get rejections to Ross Nordeen.
- Get financial summary to Supervisor of Elections.
- Ross Nordeen: Update database.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.