The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at the Central Brevard Library in Cocoa on
April 21, 1999. The meeting commenced at 6:00 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb
(Chair), Luke Setzer (Secretary), Ross Nordeen (Membership Chair), and Richard Hall (Media
Chair). Absent were John Cornett (Treasurer) and David Hobbs (Vice Chair).
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee McLamb reported that the May platform meeting plans have been made.
The location will be at the Mediterranean Grill in Cocoa. The topic will be
"Separating School and State". Luke Setzer has already volunteered to
speak on the title issue, and Lee McLamb will supplement with a presentation on the
primacy of parents over the State in raising children.
- Vice-Chair: No report (absent).
- Treasurer: No report (absent).
- Secretary: Luke Setzer reported that the first batch of bulk mail newsletters
went out last week for the April issue. He also brought 210 May newsletters to the
meeting for labeling. The labeling went quickly with four people working it.
Lee McLamb suggested we switch to a larger format, such as legal-sized paper, to
allow inclusion of a membership application every month. Luke Setzer suggested that
we start adding a membership status field in the newsletter address labels.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: Ross Nordeen will hold the first Membership Committee meeting at
his home on May 3 at 7:00 PM.
- Electoral Victory: No report (absent).
- Media: No report.
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Plans for April Meeting: The April meeting will be held at the Windover Farms
Pavilion with the help of John Cornett. The mission of this and future meetings will
- Get non-members to join.
- Recruit people for the Membership Committee.
- Plug first Membership Committee meeting in calendar.
- Projects and Activities
- OPH Booth: No report.
- Adopt-A-Road: Amazingly, the Adopt-A-Road signs are up! This means that
the LPB will actually have to clean a part of Clearlake Road now. A target date of
mid-June is planned.
- New Projects: No report.
- Annual Budget: Another "Huge Garage Sale" needs to happen to
replenish the LPB funds. Target date will be mid-July.
- Action Items:
- Luke Setzer: Write quarterly affiliate news and forward to Tom Regnier for
publication in Florida Liberty.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM.