The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at The Mediterranean Grill in Cocoa on May 19,
1999. The meeting commenced at 6:00 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb (Chair),
Luke Setzer (Secretary), Ross Nordeen (Membership Chair), Richard Hall (Media Chair), John
Cornett (Treasurer) and David Hobbs (Vice Chair).
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee McLamb reported that a member of the Florida LP will come to Brevard
County in June to provide instruction on proper calling techniques for Operation
- Vice-Chair: David Hobbs reported that several people have volunteered to help
with petitions for the Home Rule Charter Committee. He recommended providing a
regular update on petition status in the newsletter. He also suggested that a
reference be made in the newsletter to the web site for changing voter registration
locally to Libertarian.
- Treasurer: John Cornett pointed out that the LPB should definitely
participate in the November parade hosted by Satellite Beach.
- Secretary: Luke Setzer reported that he is still working on his part for the
upcoming "Separation of School and State" presentation. He contacted Doug
Butler of the Space Coast Runners and learned that a generous sponsor is needed to provide
the substantial up-front money necessary to make a "Run for Liberty" a success.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: No report.
- Electoral Victory: No report.
- Media: No report.
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Plans for May Meeting: The May meeting will be held at The Mediterranean Grill
in Cocoa. Lee McLamb will give an opening talk about parents' rights and
responsibilities. Luke Setzer will give the main presentation about "The
Separation Solution". All questions and answers will be postponed until the end
of the meeting. The mission of this meeting will be:
- Get non-members to join.
- Get all to sign the "Separation of School and State Proclamation".
- Pass out extra newsletters.
- Pass out LPB brochures.
- Plans for June Meeting: The June meeting will be the LPB Annual Business
Meeting (ABM). It will be held at the home of John and Ann Cornett in Melbourne.
- Projects and Activities
- Charter Petition: David Hobbs continues to work this.
- Operation Bootstrap: The LPB has a list of volunteers for this project.
- Huge Garage Sale: Another "Huge Garage Sale" needs to happen to
replenish the LPB funds. Target date will be July 17. Member Rick Roberts is
coordinating this effort.
- Adopt-A-Road: This will be worked the last Sunday in June. Volunteers
will be solicited at the ABM.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.