The LPB Executive Committee (ExComm) met at Bagel World in Satellite Beach on June 15,
1999. The meeting commenced at 6:00 PM. Members present were Lee McLamb (Chair),
Luke Setzer (Secretary), Ross Nordeen (Membership Chair), John Cornett (Treasurer) and
David Hobbs (Vice Chair). Absent was Richard Hall (Media Chair).
- Officer Reports:
- Chair: Lee McLamb reported that Operation Bootstrap has been postponed due to
the National LP becoming overwhelmed with inquiries following its attack on the proposed
"Know Your Customer" regulation.
- Vice-Chair: David Hobbs reported that the petition drive, even if successful,
will only narrowly gather the signatures required to get the proposed petitions onto the
ballot. He suggested we have a separate page on our web site for "Action
Items" to make it easier to track who is doing what. He also mentioned that
there might be some benefits in interacting with the local Reform Party for possible joint
- Treasurer: John Cornett reported that the Supervisor of Elections requires a
Treasurer's Report be submitted on a special form to the county government every quarter
on the 10th of the month (January, April, July, October).
- Secretary: Luke Setzer reported that the LPB may have to upgrade its address
verification software to take advantage of automation rates. He will contact Nick
Dunbar of the Florida LP to learn his strategy for mailouts to state party members.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: No report.
- Electoral Victory: No report.
- Media: No report (absent).
- Monthly LPB Meeting
- Review of May Meeting: Three people renewed their membership. Several
others were newcomers to any Libertarian meeting and left with some exposure to our
- Plans for June Meeting: The June meeting will be the LPB Annual Business
Meeting (ABM). It will be moved to Bagel World in Satellite Beach because the
Cornetts' house is still being remodeled. The e-mail, web site, and phone tree
script will be updated to reflect this change. Lee McLamb will write up the agenda
for this meeting and will e-mail it to the LPB list if timely.
- Plans for July Meeting: Luke Setzer reported that a location needs to be found
right away for the July meeting so he can finish the newsletter. He will check with
the Cocoa library and with Turtle Creek Golf Club to make the necessary reservations.
- Plans for August Meeting: David Hobbs reported that the President of the
Citizens for Constitutional Property Rights (CCPR) will speak at our August quarterly
platform meeting on "Property Rights".
- Projects and Activities
- Charter Petition: David Hobbs continues to work this. He said the average
rate for gathering petitions in open places is 25 petitions per hour.
- Operation Bootstrap: The LPB has a list of volunteers for this project.
- Huge Garage Sale: Another "Huge Garage Sale" needs to happen to
replenish the LPB funds. Target date will be July 17. Member Rick Roberts is
coordinating this effort. A flyer will be included in the July newsletter. Ann
Cornett will reserve the area needed at the First Union parking lot.
- Adopt-A-Highway: This will be worked the last Sunday in June. Volunteers
will be solicited at the ABM. Lee McLamb will retrieve and return the items needed
from the Department of Transportation.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM.